Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Difference That High Quality Patio Covers Make

A couple of years ago, we had a patio professionally installed; our old patio had been crumbling and falling apart for some time, and we'd never bothered to invest in any nice outdoor furniture for it. With our new patio, though, that old furniture really stood out as an eyesore - within a short period of time, we realized that we'd need to spend a bit more money to get some high quality furniture to go along with our brand new patio.

Our neighbor had recently purchased an entirely new patio furniture set, so we consulted with him to get an idea about pricing and what kinds of styles were available. Armed with a lot of new information, I headed to a nearby furniture retailer and found the perfect set that complemented our new patio in a breathtaking way. Although the furniture was by no means inexpensive, I figured that it was a worthwhile investment and was assured that the furniture would last for many years to come - provided that I was careful about covering it up to protect it from the elements.

This last warning took me by surprise; after all, my neighbor didn't seem to cover his furniture up. I brought my new patio furniture home and set everything up. In no time at all, my family and I were spending more time than ever before out on our comfortable patio, lounging in our elegant new chairs and dining regularly at our attractive new table. Meanwhile, I asked my neighbor about covering up the furniture; he shrugged, saying that he saw no reason for covering the furniture up since it was designed to be outdoors anyway.

One Of The Wisest Investments I Ever Made

Despite the way that my neighbor disregarded the idea of using patio furniture covers, I took the advice that I'd received to heart and decided to purchase a set of high quality patio covers from a reputable distributor. Although this meant spending even more money, I was promised that the investment would prove wise down the road. As it happens, this couldn't possibly have been more true - but at first, I was admittedly a little bit skeptical.

My neighbor saw me using my new patio chair covers and other items; he made it clear that he thought I was wasting my money, but ultimately shrugged and said it was obviously my own personal choice. I got into the habit of covering up my patio furniture whenever I knew that we wouldn't be using it for a while; in fact, I ended up covering it up each and every night. The patio furniture covers were easy enough to use that it was really no hassle at all to put them on the expensive furniture that I'd purchased.

Time passed by, and numerous seasons elapsed. During the long, cold winter I not only stacked my patio furniture and stored it in a safe place, but I also made sure to use the patio covers that I'd so diligently used even during pleasant weather. My neighbor, on the other hand, left his furniture out and exposed to the elements. As time went by, the colors of his furniture began to fade noticeably, and small details and embellishments began to chip and peel. Meanwhile, my furniture emerged every spring looking as new as the day I'd first purchased it - and the patio chair covers continued to hold up admirably, too.

How Patio Furniture Covers Increased The Longevity Of My Investment

The contrast between my patio furniture and my neighbor's patio furniture was stark: each spring, I set all of my furniture up and simply wiped it down to remove the minimal amount of dust it had accrued. He set his furniture up, and found a growing number of imperfections and problems with it. My patio covers had protected the furniture from UV rays and other harmful elements, allowing its colors to stay true and its small details to remain intact and unharmed; my neighbor's patio furniture began taking on a weathered and unattractive look.

Today, any stranger shown my patio furniture compared with my neighbor's would automatically assume that I'd just purchased mine; that's how good a job the patio furniture covers have done over the years. Meanwhile, a stranger would assume that my neighbor's patio furniture was years older than mine - when in reality, we'd both purchased ours around the same time! Needless to say, it was glaringly apparent that my patio covers were what made the difference in this situation.

Eventually, my neighbor's patio furniture became warped and faded to the point that he needed to buy a whole new set; mine continued to look stunning and like-new. When he brought his new patio furniture home, he immediately unfurled a full set of patio chair covers and other similar items; he'd obviously learned his lesson. I happily demonstrated how simple they were to use, and he shook his head at how easily he could have protected his previous investment.

Patio Furniture Covers Don't Detract From My Overall Style

One of my biggest concerns when buying my first set of patio covers was that they would be ugly, detracting from the carefully designed decor of my professionally installed patio. I was pleasantly surprised when I was presented with the many great options for patio covers, though; they came in a wide variety of patterns and colors, and were all very tastefully designed. Not only did they provide a valuable service, but they looked good doing it; I was sold, and have remained a fan ever since.

Today, I'll tell anyone who asks me that patio covers are definitely the way to go whenever you wish to protect the patio furniture you use. I always relate the story about me and my neighbor, and how dramatic the differences were between our two sets of furniture. I also refer my friends and family to the reputable dealer who sold me my patio furniture covers, and they are always incredibly pleased as well.

0 comments: